Two one hour class periods
Students will add pictures from CD, floppy drive, and the Internet.
Advanced Preparation/Prerequisite Knowledge
The teacher will need to have looked up and copied pictures from the Internet or other source to floppy disk and CD.
If you have Windows 95 you will not be able to copy internet pictures without first putting them in a word or word pad document. It is for this reason that I have taught the children both how to access Internet pictures directly and how to transfer information from a floppy or CD.
CD with pictures of body systems
Floppy disk with pictures of body systems
Computers with Internet Access
Students PowerPoint Presentations
1. Have students open their PowerPoint Presentations.
2. Insert CD or floppy into appropriate drive with appropriate pictures for student projects.
3. Have students minimize their open PowerPoint Presentation.
4. Double click on My Computer
5. Double click on CD drive or A drive
6. Double click on the document that they want in the open CD or A drive.
7. Have students select a picture they would like to use.
8. Right click, copy.
9. Maximize PowerPoint Presentation
10 Go to Slide Sorter and double click on the slide you would like to paste the picture to.
11. Right click, Paste.
12. If you have a Windows 95, you will be able to right click for copy but you will have to go to Edit, Paste special, Picture to get the picture.
13. To access Internet pictures have students minimize PowerPoint Presentation.
14. Log onto the Internet.
15. Using the Internet Resource Page choose an appropriate website for pictures about the body system being studied.
16. Right Click, Copy.
17. Follow steps, 9, 10 and 11.
18. Have students continue in this manner until all slides have pictures. They may choose to add slides that are only pictures, as well.
Students may investigate web sites not listed on the Internet web resource page.
Have students research additional pictorial resources at home. For example students might research print material for scanning or additional Internet resources.
Use Cooperative Group Evaluation and Observation Sheet